miércoles, 6 de octubre de 2010

Exam

An Accident

Everything happened in an instant yet it happened in slow motion. I remember that day like if it were yesterday. Even, eleven years has passed full of good memories that make me feel happy and humorous, bad memories attract negative feelings that make me feel depressed, dejected, downcast and impatient. This accident is a bad memory for me; however, I can not take it off of my mind because during this horrible experience, since the beginning to the end I felt so many things that made me appreciate my life and my health.

The sweet and contagious laughs of the children playing around, the loud noise of the traffic, the soft and kind voice of a mother talking to her son, the delicious and inspiring smell of coffee, the beautiful view of the sunset that covered my skin with its gentle warmth and the mild breeze stroking my face and my hair with delicacy like saying goodbye. Suddenly without knowing how or why, I felt my body fall into the void with a high speed.

While I was falling I could feel so many things in that short period of time. I felt how the fear gripped my whole body. I felt how my mind and my brain were filled of bad feelings. The agony and desperation paralized each part of me, I could feel how my cells were anguish because they could not do anything to stop the fall. My view was blurred, all my organs got contracted because of the fear. I was trying to hold on of something while I was falling, then I felt that my respiratory system broke down for an instant and that was the sign that something horrible was about to happen. I just let the gravity do its work.

In an abruptly way I got to the hard, rough and cold floor that was covered with a thin and nasty carpet that had an unpleasant odor to sweat and dust that was all over the carpet. I was terrified, all my body and organs were paralyzed, my brain did not respond to my orders. I wanted to move but my legs were sleeping they did not react. Something was wrong with them. My desperate and agitating screams asking for help were not enough to make my body react. Far away I could hear the stressful and tormenting noise of an ambulance, in that moment the fear started to leave my body very slowly, and the tranquility came again.

I never imagined that I could feel so many things at the same time and in a very short period of time. That was the most stressful day in my life, full of adrenaline and bad feelings. Since that day I value more my beautiful and happy life and my health. I remember each detail of that day of my accident like if it were happened yesterday afternoon, and when I remember it I could feel and imagine each smell, each feeling, each little place and person. That day I keep it in my mind like a photography.

2 comentarios:

  1. Hi chio,
    well i think that you are such a great writer, but I was exprecting what happen to you, because I think you didn't mention, and the doubt is huge.
    :) well it is a very good eassay, so I recomed you to read it again just for some words that in m y oppinion would sound better if you change them. :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Chio

    I liked your essay, but I think you used some difficult words, and some of your readers can not know the meaning. You wrote a really descriptive essay. I try to imagine all of the things that you felt. I think this accident was a really bad experience for you.

    ResponderEliminar